Tuesday, March 20, 2007

300

This blog has mostly been about pretty, girly stuff that it's a little unusual I post something about a movie that's pure machismo.

300, though, is an exception.
















There are so many things I love about this movie.

First, ofcourse, is Gerard Butler's portrayal of King Leonidas (abs or no abs, I was hooked the first time I heard him speak). He had so much charisma and presence onscreen he'd make you believe he was the King of Sparta. (And so did the rest of the actors, especially Queen Gorgo, even though the movie was full of unknowns.) I love how he speaks with his eyes and manages to pull off witty one-liners in one scene and be all macho in the next.

The fight scenes, albeit gory, were so well-executed that it made spearing a human being in the chest look so graceful. I was smiling silly while watching the slow-mo's because I was so amazed at how beautifully shot and choreographed they were with the flawless special effects, perfect lighting and tones, and fitting background music. I tell you this movie is like nothing you've ever seen.


There are tons of unforgettable scenes in 300. These 2 are my absolute favorite. (It was hard to narrow it down since I enjoyed every minute of it.)

(***SPOILER ALERT***)

First is the "This Is Sparta" clip that had been constantly playing in my head even before I saw the film, thanks in part to YouTube.
Gotta love that voice.















And the second one is the latter part of the battle where King Leonidas valiantly throws his spear targeting Xerxes up until the heartbreaking scene where he utters his last words: "My Queen, My Wife, My Love."
















300 is one of those films you just have to see in the movie theater. Watching it on your TV won't do it any justice.

And if you're still unsure whether you'd want to see it or not, here are two of the many reasons why you should:
Gerard Butler and that deep raspy voice of his.


Now who wouldn't consider that pretty?

No comments: