Sunday, March 15, 2009

Summer Brights

What gets me excited during Summertime (apart from the melting hot weather, thank you) are the Spring-Summer fashion collections (clothes, bags, shoes, accessories, etc.) that feature flashy, attention-getting colors that would make even a 7-colored Rainbow jealous.


I visited Zara last month trying to look for a red dress/top for my dad's surprise party. I don't usually like to spend a huge amount of money on clothes, I like to say I'd rather spend my money on music, on good food, and on a great piece of art or furniture.
Unfortunately, that whole credo of mine was thrown out the window as soon as I detected those bright yellow sleeves peeking through an array of hung tops.

Walk walk walk. Stop. Back-up. My feet automatically turning to the right, like an army man would.


Paint the town yellow.


My favorite color is yellow and my favorite shade of yellow is pastel. This is an exception, though. I literally gasped when this jacket caught my eye. The shade was perfect. Bright yet still flattering. When I look at it I envision myself wearing the jacket with a different bright-colored bag/shoes, my accessories gold, and my makeup a soft peachy-pink blush with berry stained lips roaming around New York.



Hmm, let's see:

It's yellow. Pro.

I don't live in New York. Con.

The color complements my skin tone. Pro.

It's never (or very rarely) chilly here. Con.

It's fairly cheap considering it's Zara. Pro.

It's not red. Con.

There'll never be another jacket of this exact same shade again. I think. Or if ever there will be, I'd have to wait 4 seasons long before I'd see another brightly-hued piece of clothing on store racks. Pro. Definitely a Pro.

No comments: