Sunday, July 19, 2009

Finally Stopping To Smell The Roses

And then it finally happened.

My friend Michelle and I have been conversing (at times debating) on which 'Sideline' business we should partake in.

Food? Good. Steady.

Fashion? Good, too. But nah, maybe not for now.



*Now accepting orders! :)

Flowers? Hmm. Could be, could be. After all, we both are admittedly meticulously O.C. and we certainly appreciate good aesthetics. (And not to mention that I just adore both Flowers and Colors.) Having these traits would be perfect if we were to pursue a career as florists. (Ha!)

So when her niece was about to celebrate her 1st Birthday and Michelle asked me to team up with her to arrange the floral centerpieces, I right then and there said Yes. Didn't think twice about it.

And of course, crammers that we are, we started the creative thinking process a couple days before and did everything-- shopping, costing, arranging- the night before the party.

It was EXHAUSTING. But I couldn't explain it. Somehow, standing for 15 hours straight, the missed meals, and sleep deprivation didn't discourage me (and my singing, much to their dismay? I hope not haha.) at all. I honestly enjoyed arranging those flowers: matching the colors, making sure the flowers didn't clash, and that the arrangement is proportioned.

I left Michelle's house at 1 in the morning, got home, showered, hopped into bed at around 3 and when I closed my eyes to finally get some R & R, I kid you not, I literally could still see flowers everywhere. And-- as much as I would like to come up with a different closing sentence from the post previous to this, I can't think of anything more accurate- that made me smile. :)


*I apologize for the poor quality of the photo (as well as the backdrop!) as I was in a rush to get my beauty sleep.

**The Color Motif was Pink-Purple-Green. We were asked to make the flowers compact and low in height. We added the Butterflies, which we attached to wires, to make it more playful.

***For queries, requests, orders (within Metro Manila, Philippines only please), kindly E-Mail us at prettyrandomthings@yahoo.com. We would be happy to arrange your floral centerpieces for your next event. :)


No comments: