Thursday, August 16, 2007

Rainy Days

Frankly, I don't understand why rain is so hated. I, for one, love it. I long for it.

I always hear people complain at the sight of cloudy skies and rant about how they make them sad, or worse, depressed.

I mean, I get why people would consider it gloomy. But what I don't get is how they don't see the beauty in it.

Maybe part of its negative connotation is brought about by its resemblance to tears/crying? I don't know. Or the people's dislike for getting wet and getting mud on their shoes? Or maybe it's the idea of being stuck at home and being bored out of their wits. (Which isn't a problem for me at all since I'm such a homebody.)

I guess Science is also somewhat responsible for rain's bad reputation because our eyes associate happiness with bright, lively colors. I agree that with the dullness of gray skies, I'm pretty sure I won't suddenly be doing any song-and-dance number anytime soon. Still, it doesn't make me sad.



David Gray's January Rain. Your perfect background
music as you stare at the rain by your window. Haha.


But rain can be so beautiful if you look past its gloominess.

If you give it a chance, you'll see how relaxing, pure, and serene it actually is. Even therapeutic.

And frankly, rain isn't depressing. At all. It's just misunderstood.

No comments: