Saturday, April 28, 2007

Pucker Up!

No one likes to have chapped lips.
I'm not a lipstick/gloss girl (hate the sticky stuff) but I occasionally use lip balm when my lips become too dry. I have tried quite a few: cream, gloss, stick, balm, from the more affordable ones you can get from drugstores to dermatologically-tested lip products from high-end department stores. And from experience, I would say that MAC is the only one that really works.


MAC Lip Conditioner SPF 15



I've heard raves about Kiehl's but when I put it on, the balm didn't last longer than I expected it to. Probably because the viscosity's too light.
Philosophy's felt a little oily for me.
Lip Smackers, though they smell yum, didn't do the job, either.
The Body Shop's (the one in the lipstick tube, not in pot) was good, too, but only lasted a few hours.
Clarin's gloss was a little thick and heavy.
Clinique's All About Lips (cream form) made my lips sooo smooth but was too expensive.


My sis-in-law Chiz gave me a pot of MAC Lip Conditioner as a gift (they also come in different hues if you want a hint of color) and from all the ones I've tried, it's the only one that lasts for HOURS. I usually apply it at night-- right before sleeping- and would wake up with the product still on, and my lips would be soft the whole day for sure.
Its pot is bigger than the usual lip balms so it'll last quite a while-- truly worth it. And it smells (and tastes) great, too, kinda like vanilla frosting. :)






sMAC your lips!

Har har. Somebody had to say it.

No comments: