Sunday, April 29, 2007

When In Hong Kong...

Spent the Holy Week with my family in Hong Kong. It's been years since I'd been there and on the day we arrived, I was such a tourist taking pictures of everything while I utter a few "Aww I remember this" and "OoOooh I miss this place."
I definitely enjoyed that train and bus ride from the airport to the hotel.

Aside from the fact that it's only an hour and a half away, I love Hong Kong not because of the shopping but because I enjoy getting lost in the city. It's always fun getting up in the morning, putting on your jacket and scarf (we were lucky 'coz on the week we arrived, the weather got cooler), having congee and dimsum for brunch, and starting the day without any plans at all.

Even if my feet would start to hurt, I really wouldn't mind walking the streets of Hong Kong the whole day-- and night!


On our first night, we opted for the good ol’ congee and rice roll across our hotel.


Rose Petal Gelato. I’ve always liked flower scented desserts. (Try the Sampaguita Ice Cream at Ilustrado—if they still have it- and Max Brenner’s Lavender and Orchid dark chocolate pralines.)


Everything’s just an MTR ride away. It’s much more fun standing up!


New discovery! Japanese chocolate Royce’…currently tops my list.
















Hello, cholesterol!


















Please mind the platform gap! Waiting for our ride.


Bought this from Wellcome on one of our midnight walks. It’s unfair how milk always tastes better abroad.


You can’t go to Hong Kong and not try their staples!


Milk tea: the bitterer, the better!


Favorite part about Hong Kong: randomly walking around the city late at night.


Two things, though.
A good, sturdy pair of walking shoes.
And an empty stomach.



That's all you really need. :)

2 comments:

yellowFlamingo said...

yay! i agree about the Royce chocolates, they are now my favourites also. Thanks for putting me onto it.. or maybe no thanks since they dont sell it here :(

im going to try and make it last as long as i can hahaha

HK looks fun, i want to go!

prettyrandomthings said...

i know! :) so good right? yum.

actually im glad they dont sell it in phils. you know how i am with chocolates. haha.

im going to try and make it last as long as i can---> haha good luck!

HK looks fun, i want to go!---> let's! come to phils first! :)